Video Marketing Statistics And Facts For 2019
Now, as a company or marketing strategist, you need to be aware of the precise data in order to properly incorporate video marketing into your campaigns. Needless to say, creating video requires resources, so an optimized video campaign will use all types of marketing techniques, including text and image based content.
In order to help you make the right decisions, we have put together a comprehensive list of some useful and actionable statistics and facts on video marketing in 2019. You will get a quantitative idea as to how videos are affecting web traffic, business decisions, consumer habits, and different online and social platforms. So without further ado, let’s get started:
Video and Web Traffic
As more people consume video based content now, it has lead to generation of more video content, which results in more consumption, thereby creating a feedback loop. Currently, video content has a huge impact on all web traffic. Here is a look at what the numbers have to say:
- Websites using video based content is 53 times more likely to reach the front page of Google.
- Video increases organic search traffic by 157%.
- Video based content is expected to account for 82% of all web traffic by 2021.
- Latin America has the highest demand for video content in the world.
- One-third of online activity is spent watching video
Video and Mobile Phones
As you can imagine, screen size plays an important role in video consumption. Here are some stats to give you insight on how people use mobile phones to play and watch videos:
Video and Online Businesses
As more people are gravitating towards video based content, businesses find a great opportunity to appeal to this vast user base. Here is a look at how online businesses are currently integrating video marketing tactics into their campaigns:
- 68% of top internet retailers rely on video content.
- Companies have increased their investment on video content by 53.1%.
- 25% of companies publish video on a weekly basis.
- 97% of marketers believe videos help their customers understand their product or service better.
- 73% B2B marketers believe that video content better their ROI.
- 83% of all businesses would rely more on video content if they had the resources.
- 59% of business executives would rather watch videos than read text.
- An average business releases around 18 videos each month.
- 35% of businesses are using intermediate or advanced level analytics to measure video performance.
Video and Customer Behaviour
As a business, when you are trying to sell yourself to an audience, you need to make your message as easily digestible as possible. With video based content, the readers simply need to hit the play button, and they are guided through the entire product pitch or walkthrough.
And this has also led to significant improvements in lead generation and conversion rates. Let’s take a quick look at the statistics to form a clear picture:
- Video content increases conversion rates by 30%.
- Including a video on your landing page can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- 85% of customers are more likely to buy products/services after watching a video.
- Visitors stay upto 2 minutes longer on a website to view video based content.
- Over 50% of users search for a video related to a product before confirming their buying decision.
- 65% of online viewers skip video ads.
- Video under 2 minutes generates most engagement.
- 60% people prefer online video to traditional TV.
- Only 5% videos manage to retain viewers till the very last second.
Video and Social Media Networks
Depending on where and how a video is watched it can have different outcomes. For example, almost every social media platform supports video based content, but not all of them will reap the same results for businesses. Here are some statistics to help you understand how video marketing performs on different social media networks:
- Social videos generate 1200% more likes and shares in contrast to text and images.
- 73% of people prefer watching entertainment videos on social media platforms.
- Social Media posts with an attached video has 48% more views.
- A Facebook executive believes the platform will be 100% video content by 2021.
- Facebook experiences 100 million hours of video content is watched on a daily basis.
- Facebook gets over 75 million people on their video platform every week.
- 81% of businesses use Facebook video for marketing.
- 62% consumers said they got interested in a product after seeing a Facebook story.
- Snapchat users watch 10 billion videos each day.
- 45% of Twitter users want more videos from the celebrities they follow.
- Facebook videos are 135% more effective than Facebook photos in reaching more users.
- 83% consumer prefer YouTube as the platform to watch videos.
- 65% of people take to YouTube to solve their problems.
- 1.9 billion users or ⅓ of the internet uses YouTube.
LinkedIn video campaigns have 50% view rates.
So these were some of our picks of awesome and actionable video marketing statistics of 2019. As you can see, we have discussed how video marketing affects, or is affected by different devices, platforms, user behaviour, web traffic, and so on.
We hope this information has been useful, and will help you make better decisions with your video marketing efforts. Also, if you have some awesome video marketing stats you want to share with your fellow readers, then please do in the comments section. As the saying goes, knowledge is power!