The latest update of Divi comes with unlimited customization options and a brand-new frontend editor. You can use this theme to create any kind of website you want. In today’s post, I am going to take an in-depth look at the theme and discuss all the useful features.
Without further ado, let’s begin!
All New Frontend Builder
Divi 3 introduced a brand new frontend builder. This enables you to create your own layouts and check out the actual preview at the same time. Unlike the other page builder solutions, you can do things like click on any text field and edit the text, drag and drop elements to adjust the width, height etc. Thanks to the AJAX-powered interface, the changes will take place immediately.
Adding new content couldn’t be easier. Just hover over the desired location and click the ‘+’ icon. You can choose to create your own column-based layout or pick a layout from the library. For each column, you can choose any of the 40+ content elements provided by Divi theme.
Besides the usual settings options, each content element is provided with its own design options. You can apply custom text styles, margin, padding, border, background etc. for each element. It is also possible to apply custom CSS.
Each content element could be dragged and dropped to any location inside the layout. It is also possible to delete or make duplicates of the content element.
Revision history is another unique feature of the Divi visual builder. This feature shows a list of your recent changes. You can revert to any of these changes just by clicking on them. There are separate undo and redo buttons as well.
The Divi Page Builder
If you are used to creating custom layouts by using a page builder, Divi has got you covered as well. The Divi builder includes most features of the visual builder. You can create standard, full width, specialty sections, or choose a layout from the library.
For each section, it is possible to choose a column-based layout. And for each column, you can choose any content element. Just like the visual builder, you can apply custom styling to the elements, drag and drop, delete, or make duplicates of them.
When working with the page builder, you can choose the sidebar position, navigation style etc. for the post or page.
Diverse Theme Options
Divi comes with a diverse range of customization options. You will find these in the Divi > Theme Options page.
As you can see, the page is divided into several sections. In the General section, you will find options to upload the logo, favicon, enable fixed navigation, smooth scrolling, back to bottom, show social media profiles, Mailchimp and Aweber integration options.
In the Navigation section, you can choose which page(s) should be excluded from the menu, enable dropdown menu, exclude categories, hide empty categories etc.
The Layout section allows you to enable or disable comment on the pages. For the singe posts, you can choose to display the author, date, categories, comments etc.
There is a dedicated section for SEO. This section enables you to allow the custom title, meta description, meta keywords, canonical URL, separator character etc.
The integration section enables you to add code to the head, body of your website, or at the top or bottom of your posts. There is also a section for managing the ads.
Unlimited Customization Options
Along with usual options like site title, menu, widget, and color schemes, Divi theme customizer features lots of other customization options. For instance, you can choose the layout and define the website width, section, and row height set the theme accent color.
The dedicated typography options enable you to choose different fonts for the heading and body text. As Divi comes with all the popular fonts, you can easily choose your favorite one. It is also possible to choose the color, size, and spacing for the header, text, and links.
Divi supports several header styles. You can choose the suitable style from the ‘Header Format’ section. You can choose to display the social icons, search icon, phone number, and email address in the header. Regarding the menus, it is possible to choose the menu height, font family, text color, active link color, link background color, dropdown menu animation etc.
Divi also allows you to choose the footer layout. The footer widgets could be customized by defining the header text and link styles. You can personalize the footer menu display options too.
Dedicated button styling options is an interesting feature of Divi. This helps you to choose the default text size, color, background color, border styles, font family, icon styles etc. for the buttons. It is also possible to choose the text, background, and border colors for button hovers.
Divi features a fully responsive design. However, you can take this into a whole new level by defining the section, row height, text size, and menu styles for mobile and tablet devices.
Other Features of Divi
Along with the awesome features mentioned above, Divi also includes a few other notable features. First of all, there are 20+ ready-made layouts and demos available for you. You can choose any of these and get your website started within a few minutes.
What’s more, Elegant Themes conducted a 100-day Divi Resources event which featured hundreds of examples of using Divi in different ways. You can download and use any of these layouts for free.
With full RTL support, Divi can be used to create websites in other languages too. As the theme is already translated in 32 different languages, chances are your language is already covered by Divi.
Every website owner is concerned about the security aspect, and I know you are too. Well, Divi has thought about that as well. The complete theme coding is checked by Sucuri and they found zero security issues. That means you can use Divi in all your websites with absolute confidence.
You have to be an Elegant Themes member to use Divi. There are three pricing plans –
- Priced at $69 per year, the Personal plan provides access to all themes by Elegant Themes.
- Priced at $89 per year, the Developer plan provides access to all themes and plugins by Elegant Themes.
- Priced at a one-time fee of $249, the Lifetime Access plan offers unlimited access to all the themes and plugins by Elegant Themes.
Over the years, I have used lots of WordPress themes, including the most popular ones (and some uncommon ones). But none of them were able to impress me as Divi did. And the latest update has made it even more interesting. I highly recommend it for any web development project.
But that’s only my opinion. I am more interested to know your thoughts about Divi. What do you think about its features? Have you used this theme in any of your websites? Let me know by leaving a comment below.
30 Reasons to buy
- Friendly customer service
- Compared to others the price is reasonable
- The majority of our users are experiencing positive experience with Divi Theme
- Great features list
- Category leader in Fast Loading WordPress Themes that’s Lightweight & SEO Friendly 2020
- Category leader in Best Podcast WordPress Themes (2020 Compared)
- Category leader in Best Cheap WordPress Themes 2020
- Category leader in Best WordPress App Themes 2020
- Category leader in + Best Drag And Drop WordPress Theme Builders (2020 Compared)
- Category leader in Best Parallax Scrolling WordPress ThemesParallax Scrolling WordPress ThemesParallax Scrolling WordPress ThemesParallax Scrolling WordPress Themes 2020
- Category leader in Best WordPress Themes for Artists & Creative Agencies 2020
- Category leader in Best Drag-and-Drop WordPress Themes 2020
- Category leader in Best HTML5 WordPress Themes 2020
- Category leader in Best SEO WordPress Themes 2020
- Category leader in + Best Consulting WordPress Themes 2020
- Category leader in Best Clean WordPress Themes 2020
- Category leader in Best Medical WordPress Themes 2020
- Category leader in Best WordPress Affiliate Marketing Themes 2020
- Category leader in Best One Page WordPress Themes 2020
- A contender in Best Horizontal Scrolling WordPress Themes (2020 Compared)
- A contender in Best Church WordPress Themes (2020 Compared)
- A contender in Best WordPress Landing Page Themes 2020
- A contender in Best WordPress Restaurant Themes (2020 nominations)
- A contender in Best BuddyPress Themes (2020 comparison)
- A contender in Best Business WordPress Themes for Agency, Startups & Entrepreneurs 2020
- A contender in Unique WordPress Themes 2020
- A contender in Best WordPress Photography Themes (2020 Compared)
- A contender in Best Coffee Shop WordPress Themes 2020
- A contender in Best WordPress Travel Themes 2020
- A contender in Best WordPress Social Networking Themes 2020 (real-time updates)
0 Reasons not to buy
- Woocommerce Compatibility
- BuddyPress Compatibility
- 1 Click Installation
- Multiple layouts
- Custom Post Types
- Multiple header styles
- Responsive design
- Drag & Drop Page Builder
- SEO Optimized
- Custom Widgets
- Major Plugins Supported
- Inline Editing
- Translation Ready
- $89 / Year
Get access to all themes and plugins
Alternatives to Divi Theme
Be the first to leave a review.