Who is it for?
Thanks to its heavy marketing and promotional activities, 1&1 hosting is a common name for any internet user. However, that doesn’t mean the hosting is recommended for everyone out there. If you are on a tight budget and looking for a generous starter plan, the Basic plan can be an excellent choice for you.
- All the hosting plans come with a free domain name to help you get started quickly
- All plans offer unlimited traffic to ensure that your website is always accessible
- The hybrid storage technology with regular web server and SSD storage will deliver the best performance for your website
- Dedicated memory for each plan will provide you with the necessary amount of resources.
- Even the basic plan allows 100GB storage, which should be more than enough for most people.
- One-click app installation will help you get started with your chosen platform.
- A free SSL certificate is included with all the plans.
- Your website will enjoy advanced security options including DDoS protection and geo-redundancy.
- Cron job support will allow you to automate the work process.
- The built-in design software and website builder will let you create custom website designs.
- Daily website backups will keep your valuable data safe and secure.
- Thanks to the simple scalability options, you can quickly adapt to traffic spikes or various occasions.
- Password-protected directories will make sure that your files and folders are not publicly accessible.
- Superior version controlling with Git will let you manage and restore the previous versions as necessary.
- You can use the SSH access to secure the data transmission between your website and the server.
- All hosting plans are provided with $100 Bing ad credits.
Pricing & Support
1&1 offers several pricing plans with Linux and Windows-based environments. Let’s check out their popular plans –
Basic: For $7.99 per month, the Basic plan allows you to host one website, up to 2.5GB ram, 100GB storage, unlimited traffic, 25 databases, 20 FTP accounts, 500 email accounts with 2GB storage per account, etc.
Unlimited Plus: Priced at $9.99 per month, this plan allows unlimited websites, up to 6GB ram with unlimited storage, traffic, databases, email and FTP accounts.
Unlimited Pro: For a monthly price of $14.99, this plan comes with all the benefits of the Unlimited Plus plan. Also, you will get up to 9GB ram, Railgun CDN, and sitelock protection.
In case of any difficulties, you can get the necessary help from the 24/7 email and telephone support centers.
- All plans include a free domain and SSL
- Generous web space allowance for all plans
- Dedicated memory availability depending on the plan type
- Daily backup along with superior security options
- The user interface is complicated for beginners.
- Average customer care service.
2 Reasons to buy
- A contender in Best Magento Hosting Providers 2020 (Recommended by Shop Owners)
- A contender in Free VPS Hosting (2020 Compared)
2 Reasons not to buy
- A bit on the Expensive side compared to other solution in this category.
- Lack of features compared to other solution in this category
- Free SSL Certificate
- Money Back Guarantee
- Multiple Server Location
- 99.9% Uptime
- Popular Applications With 1-Click
- High performance
- 24/7 Support
- Control Panel Integration
Author has not provided any video for this product.
- $7.99 /
Alternatives to 1&1
Be the first to leave a review.