Running your own social network can be a tricky idea, but if it works, your platform gets famous, then you can easily plan on monetizing it.
If that’s what you’re planning and have a perfect niche to target, then let’s start with the best WordPress social networking themes.
Yes, there are themes for this specific niche too, and I’m sharing the hand-picked options down here.
“Social media is the ultimate equalizer. It gives a voice and a platform to anyone willing to engage.” – Amy Jo Martin
Here's what we'll cover:
- 1 Which is the Best WordPress Social Networking Themes 2018
- 2 OneSocial Theme
- 3 Social Learner Theme
- 4 KLEO Theme
- 5 BuddyBoss Theme
- 6 Social MarketPlace Theme
- 7 CommunityJunction
- 8 Socialme Theme
- 9 Bridge Theme
- 10 Newsmag Theme
- 11 Divi Theme
- 12 Socialize Theme
- 13 Boss Theme
- 14 Sweet Date Theme
- 15 BuddyApp Theme
- 16 NRGnetwork Theme
- 17 Klein Theme
- 18 Kudos Theme
- 19 X-Theme
- 20 Salient Theme
- 21 Custom Community Theme
- 22 WPLMS Theme
- 23 BuddyBoss Mobile Only Theme
- 24 Education WP Theme
- 25 SocialChef Theme
- 26 EduGate Theme
- 27 Avada Theme
- 28 The7 Theme
- 29 REHub Theme
- 30 Bimber Theme
- 31 Engage Theme
- 32 GoodWork Theme
- 33 Monstroid Theme
- 34 Ronneby Theme
- 35 Uncode Theme
- 36 Sahifa Theme
- 37 GeneratePress Theme
- 38 Gameleon Theme
- 39 BeTheme
- 40 Enfold Theme
- 41 Alchem Theme
- 42 Make Theme
- 43 KALLYAS Theme
- 44 WordPress Social Networking Themes Buyer’s Guide
- 44.1 How to create a thriving social network website
- 44.2 Can you monetize your social networking theme easily?
- 44.3 Free vs Premium Themes
- 44.4 Can you setup payment methods in your theme?
- 44.5 Support and Updates
- 44.6 Importance of supporting 3rd party plugins
- 44.7 A good dashboard: The difference between a good and a bad theme
- 44.8 Tips to create a buzzing WordPress Community/Social Network site.
- 44.9 Steps to take after completely setting up your theme.
Which is the Best WordPress Social Networking Themes 2018
1Voted the BEST
The primary reason why Avada is the number one selling themes of all time is that it come .... Read full review
WordPress Social Networking Themes Buyer’s Guide
This guide will help you to learn about:
- How to create a thriving social network website
- Can you monetize your social networking theme easily?
- Free vs Premium Themes
- Can you set up payment methods in your theme?
- Support and Updates
- The importance of supporting 3rd party plugins
- A good dashboard: The difference between a good and a bad theme
- Tips to create a buzzing WordPress Community/Social Network site.
- Steps to take after completely set up your theme.
Social networking themes are popular among the business. It gives you the ability to reach their audience, create a thriving community. However, it can be hard to decide which theme is best for your business. In this guide, we will go through a simple buyer’s guide for social networking themes.
We will cover basic questions that a buyer could have. We will also cover the things that you should look for in a social networking theme and much more!
Let’s get started.
Not all themes are social network capable. To get started, you need to make sure that you choose a theme that is BuddyPress compatible. If it is, then half of your work is done here.
So, what is BuddyPress?
BuddyPress is a free-to-use social network plugin. It offers full social network features that can also allow you to add add-ons to the WordPress plugin system.
After you get hold of the theme, you need to get a proper hosting for it. Check out our list of hosting that both our users and we recommend. Next step is to setup your BuddyPress. As there are plenty of good setup guides on the internet, we would simply link them for your reference.
Check out the list below.
- The complete guide to BuddyPress for WordPress
- BuddyPress install + setup
- Codex guide to BuddyPress Official
The next question that is frequently asked by the users is how monetizable your social networking theme is? You can monetize your website without any problem whatsoever.
However, you should do it properly.
For example, you can sell Ad space, do referral programs and revenue sharing and so on. You can also choose to sell your influence by using www.klout.com and expand your network of partners and businesses.
Social media websites are just like other websites. They just behave a little different and have users communicating with each other in real-time, making monetization a difficult challenge. You can read the amazing piece by Andrew Chen where he discusses how you can monetize your app. According to him, Facebook’s CMPs rate is $4 which is pretty good, considering if only they a decent CTR rate as well.
Free vs Premium Themes
- Limited in features
- Not all types of social networking tools are present
- Offers limited customization
- Not proper documentation and videos
- Limited support.
For example, you can use Mesocolumn. It is a free-to-use BuddyPress enabled theme that lets you build a good social networking website. However, it does lack some customizability and control.
- Fully customizable
- Tons of features
- Great customer support
- You get access to all types of popup with no limitation whatsoever.
- Compatibility with all WordPress themes.
One paid plugin that we would recommend is Boss 2.0. It is a complete package when it comes to building a social networking site. It comes with flexible layouts, proper customizable and endless possibilities. The admin panel is also good and contains all the essential options to customize your theme and control it as well correctly. Moreover, it comes with Social Learner Add-on that even simplifies the process of making and handling social networking website
Can you setup payment methods in your theme?
As most of the social networking themes are building from the idea of membership, you can add payment methods easily. This way you can sell membership level. Members can choose to pay using different payment gateways such as Stripe, Paypal and others. The support for the payment gateway differs from theme to theme.
Support and Updates
When you choose a theme, you need to make sure that it comes with proper support and updates. However, don’t expect them from free themes. Only few of the free themes gets update and support.
Paid themes, on the other hand, have proper updates and support. To check, you should check their history of updates. Also, check their support page on how frequently questions are answered. If you are not sure, maybe, try to send them a send them a genuine question about the theme. This will help you understand their support quality and response time.
Importance of supporting 3rd party plugins
Social networking websites are incredibly feature-rich. From the ability to send connect with others to add images, videos, there are plenty of things you can make your theme do. To ensure that you don’t lose out on customizability, try to check if the theme comes with proper 3rd party plugin support.
By doing so, you will enable future feature updates on your platforms.
A good dashboard: The difference between a good and a bad theme
One more thing that you need to keep in your mind is to look out for a theme that offers a good dashboard or admin panel. The admin panel should give you the ability to customize your theme properly. A good dashboard will also let provide you important information about your website.
Tips to create a buzzing WordPress Community/Social Network site.
Before you start, it is important to understand that creating a social networking site is not an easy task. That’s why we will list some tips for you to get started.
- Properly identify your community and user’s demographics
- How you intend to use your social networking site:
- Define the features that you need to create before launching your site.
- Properly plan the features that need to be added after a proper launch
- Setup proper customer service, scalability, and security
- Ensure quality content to be served to your users.
- Do proper marketing to attract new users.
Steps to take after completely setting up your theme.
Great job! You successfully set up your theme. However, you need to take proper care of your website before it can go live. Let’s discuss some steps that need to be taken after completing your theme.
- Install necessary security plugins such as WordFence.
- Setup BuddyPress and the related add-ons that you need.
- Make sure that you have used a strong password and set up membership privileges properly.
- Clean up unnecessary themes and plugins.
- Install proper website speed plugins such as W3 Total Cache
- Ensure that your website is properly indexed. Use Yoast SEO to automate the task.