Here's what we'll cover:
- 1 Top 14 WordPress popup plugins:
- 2 Bloom Plugin
- 3 Hello Bar
- 4 ConvertPlug
- 5 MailOptin
- 6 SumoMe
- 7 OptinMonster
- 8 Ninja Popups Plugin
- 9 Popup Domination
- 10 Optin Forms
- 11 ClickFunnels
- 12 Icegram Plugin
- 13 YITH Newsletter Popup
- 14 Pippity Plugin
Dreamgrow Scroll Triggered Box
- 15.1 In this Buyer’s Guide to Choosing The Best WordPress Popup Plugins you will learn about:
- 15.2 Benefits of using WordPress Popup plugin
- 15.3 Things to look out when choosing a Popup plugin
- 15.4 The difference between Free vs. Paid popup plugin
- 15.5 Popup strategy that you should use to get better conversion
- 15.6 Types of Popups to use on your website
Top 14 WordPress popup plugins:
1Voted the BEST185.0Featured
In this Buyer’s Guide to Choosing The Best WordPress Popup Plugins you will learn about:
- The importance of having pop-ups on your website
- Benefits of using WordPress popup plugin
- Things to look out when choosing a popup plugin.
- The difference between Free vs. Paid popup plugin.
- Popup strategy that you should use to get better conversion
- Types of Popups to use on your website
- A step-to-step guide on how to install the WordPress Popup plugin
Are you still wondering should you use popups or not? We understand that they can be obstructive and annoying to a certain degree, but they also have the highest conversion rates when it comes to inbound marketing.
So, what exactly is a popup?
It is a form that is used to capture emails, redirect users or convey vital information to a visitor. The popup can contain any content including text, images or even videos.
By using popups, you have better chance to get user attention and improve their engagement. The good news is that if you are using WordPress, there are plenty of WordPress Popup plugins to choose from.
However, before you decide to choose one, you need to evaluate different parameters including compatibility, updates, features, and so on.
In this guide, we will help you do just that. Let’s try to understand popup plugins better and how can you use one to your advantage.
Benefits of using WordPress Popup plugin
Popups can transform your online marketing effort.
By using popups the right way you can improve your inbound conversion, it is now time to use pop-ups, the right way.
Let’s discuss the benefits below.
1. Improve your website visibility
By using a popup, you can gain great visibility. Unlike other sections on your website, it is not possible to get blinded by a popup.The visitor just cannot ignore it.
You can opt to showcase your popup at center of your website or any other place you think can have an impact on the visitor.
2. Can be used for customer feedback
Not all popups are intrusive. It depends on how you use them. That’s why you can use popups to gather feedback from your visitors.
You can decide to use the popup on every page or a certain category. The decision is yours.
3. Traffic Conversion
The biggest advantage of using popups is traffic conversion. If you are an eCommerce website, you will always want visitors to subscribe to your newsletter or buy a product.
Popup gives you one more chance to convince the visitor to do a favorable action.
Things to look out when choosing a Popup plugin
Before you decide on the one plugin, you should be clear what you are looking for. To help you do so, let’s go through the things that you should look for when choosing a popup plugin.
1. Compatibility: Make sure that the plugin is compatible with the latest WordPress website.
2. Speed: You don’t want a popup plugin to slow your website down.
3. Features: Take careful note of what each plugin offer and match it with your needs.
4. Ease of Use: Check out how easy it is to use that popup plugin. It is always better to choose a plugin with better ease-of-use.
5. Pricing: Last, but not the least, you should always take a look at the pricing. No need to spend a fortune for getting basic features.
The difference between Free vs. Paid popup plugin
- Limited in features
- Not all popup types are available
- Offers limited customization
- Not proper documentation and videos
- Limited support.
For example, you can use Popup Builder, a free to use plugin. It offers great customization(however limited), popup types and enable you to get better conversion rates. The plugin offers everything that you will need to get started. However, it does lack some advanced features such as video popup, exit popup, social popup, age restriction popup, and so on.
- Fully customizable
- Tons of features
- Great customer support
- You get access to all types of popup with no limitation whatsoever.
- Compatibility with all WordPress themes.
One paid plugin that we would recommend is Thrive leads. It is a complete package which comes with all the popup types, proper documentation and much more!
Popup strategy that you should use to get better conversion
Popups can be a tricky thing to handle. If you don’t do it right, it will hamper your business more than you think. That’s why we will cover some of the best popup strategies that can help you get better conversion than your competitors.
Recover abandoning visitors using exit-intent
Popups can be triggered according to a user action. One behavior that is extremely popular and useful is the exit-intent. It is activated if a visitor tries to leave the website. So, you might be thinking, how does it help the cause? First of all, it lets the user take a second look, and try one more time to change their mind. Secondly, it decreases the site bounce rate.
Ask them Yes or No
We humans are inquisitive, and do pause from time to time, to learn about our surrounding. Questions can make us stop and think. That’s why you can use a simple, “yes” or “no” response from your audience.
This technique works and will ensure that they think at least once before taking their next step. Try to be simple in your approach.
Don’t add a wall of text, and then ask them the question. You have as little time to convince. Also, this strategy is beneficial for eCommerce websites as visitors tend to abandon their cart or bounce off when making a purchase decision.
Use numbers in your popups
Numbers. They can make the visitor think about your service or business. It’s human psychology to get impressed by big numbers, or a specific number that you think ideally reflects your business.
Maybe you can tell them how many unique visitors your website received? Or try to be specific and tell them about how many visitors purchased a particular product. This way, you will be able to engage them and make them think twice.
Make them feel special by giving discount
We humans love discounts. Give your visitor a discount when they tend to leave your page or website if you are into eCommerce.
Make it look great: Popups need to be attractive. After all, you have only one chance to convince your visitor to make an action. They should be completed, both at the design and copy aspect. To have the best result, follow the points.
- Copy needs to be precise and straightforward. Don’t make it long.
- Font plays an important role. Choose it wisely.
- Don’t clutter the design with unnecessary elements.
- The call to action should be clear.
You can read 5 tips for designing a high converting website popup to get a better idea.
Types of Popups to use on your website
There are many types of popups you can use on your website. Let’s list few of the important ones below.
Click Popups: Click popups are activated when a visitor clicks on a specific area or a link on the page. They are mostly used at the bottom of the blog or are perfect for comprehensive guides where the reader explicitly chooses the action.
Timed Popups: Timed popups are activated after a particular time is elapsed. For example, you can set a popup to automatically popup after 10 seconds. The choice of when it needs to be popped up depends completely on you, and your strategy.
Entry Popups: Entry popups are activated as soon as the user lands on the page. This might sound stupid, but it is effective in many ways on a landing page. You can use this popup, to give the user important information or provide them an exclusive discount.