Artificial Intelligence Statistics And Facts For 2019
Some interesting facts on artificial intelligence:
- The world AI market was $1.4billion in 2016, and it is expected to grow to $60 billion by 2025.
- By 2030, AI will result in the world GDP growth by $15.7 trillion
- Business productivity is going to increase by 40 %, thanks to artificial intelligence
- During the last 2 decades, AI startups have grown 6 times
- We have AI in 77% of the devices that come in our daily use
- Businesses with more than 1 lakh employees will adopt a strategy implementing AI
What does the AI statistics show in 2019?
- The startups are expected to overtake the giants like IBM, Amazon, Microsoft, and Google in the AI domain. Startups are innovating more and implementing custom AI solutions to increase the growth rate.
- Artificial intelligence will be supporting 100 % of internet-based initiatives and 40% of digital transformations in 2019. This data is on the study by IDC FutureScape presentations promises new developments to happen in AI.
Video and Mobile Phones
How AI affects sales?
AI technology can replace the dependence of humans who does most of the unproductive routine work in an organization and frees up the human resources for more productive purposes. Artificial intelligence also minimizes the errors that can occur in the process flows in an organization. The advances in artificial intelligence are fast affecting the sales and marketing of the businesses. AI can provide improved data analytics, decision making, and better user experience by personalization of the customer interface.
Already the world is fast adapting to using AI features while making purchases. When you look globally, almost half of the adults are using the voice search feature daily. 46% of companies are already showing a bias in investing in AI than any other item. These statistics show the growing impact of AI in the world and the need for companies to incorporate AI into their sales strategy.
The following helps you understand how artificial intelligence is affecting sales:
- AI is expected to lead to triple-digit growth in revenue. By 2021, predictive intelligence and order- to- cash automation might increase by 118% and 115%, respectively.
- Businesses that have incorporated AI will gain annually $1.2 trillion of the market compared to the firms that have not embraced AI.
- A Harvard Business Review study shows that artificial intelligence has helped businesses gain 50% more leads, 60-70% reduction in call time, and 40-60% reduction in the number of lost leads.
- 60% of marketers confirm that AI has helped them with data strategies.
Artificial intelligence can help companies in effective decision making and also improve the productivity of the executives.
- Out of the companies who have adopted AI, 83% are seeing positive changes, and 53% have derived moderate benefits, and 30% of the companies have experienced substantial gains.
- Around 30% of CIO s has AI on the top priority list for investing next year.
- 60% of customers have a preference to purchase from organizations using AI.
- 80% of marketing executives from the B2B industry consider that AI is going to emerge as a revolutionary factor in the marketing industry.
- 64% of marketing executives believe AI to become essential in strategic marketing.
- 71% of marketers from the B2B sector show a significant interest in using AI for personalization, and 63% of marketers are interested in the application of artificial intelligence to identify trends.
- By 2020, AI-powered voice assistants are expected to become popular with the users projected to be 7 billion.
- By 2020, 85% of customer interactions will be without humans.
- The productivity of companies is bound to rise by 40% after incorporating AI
History of Artificial Intelligence
The voyage of artificial intelligence began in 1943 when Alan Turing came up with his novel invention of the Turing Test. Grey Walter built the first robots, and John Mc Carthy introduced the term artificial intelligence in 1956. The year 1969 marked the birth of Shakey robot, an intelligent robot that could observe the surroundings, reason by itself, and take decisions on actions.
The progress towards developing neural networks began in 1990 when Rodney Brooks brought the bottom-up approach into prominence. Research and developments in artificial intelligence are taking the whole game to a different level.
In 2002, iRobot created Roomba, an autonomous vacuum cleaner. Big Dog of 2005 was the first robot for the military. The speech recognition app of Google in 2008 and the recent dancing nanorobots of 2010 are the latest advancements in AI. With more and more research going on in artificial intelligence, you can expect surprising developments in AI and find it to be a normal part of life.
How far has artificial intelligence shaped our lives, and what is the future?
Did you know that physical impairments can overcome using Cyborg technology? It is the fantastic potential and scope of AI in improving human lives. AI has already proved to be very helpful to humans. Home security, cashless stores, music suggestions, film suggestions, chatbots, etc., are some of the examples for the extent of artificial intelligence penetration in our daily lives.
Almost all the industries, be it education, manufacturing, or healthcare can benefit tremendously by implementing artificial intelligence. Robots that can behave like humans even to the extent of cracking jokes might occur as unrealistic, but Google analysts believe that by the year 2020, this might happen. Machines are increasingly taking over the roles in all industries with even making a mark in the B2B business.
Moving forward, AI and its developments can contribute big time in human lives. Hazardous jobs like fire fighting can be delegated to robots, thus saving more human lives. Robots can help us explore the unknown and intriguing like space and the deep ocean. Data analysis can also help to identify the trends in the world and provide solutions for the many challenging issues we face like climate change.
Artificial intelligence, its current state of affairs and future
Artificial intelligence makes it easy to comprehend a large amount of data available in real-time. Over the last four years, there has been a 270% increase in the number of organizations implementing artificial intelligence. Currently, 37 % of organizations use artificial intelligence in one form or another.
It is expected that artificial intelligence foundations will be prevalent in 80% of emerging technologies by 2021. In 2019, the global spending on artificial intelligence systems is expected to reach $35.8 billion a sharp 44% increase from the amount spent in 2018.
By 2025, the market for wearable artificial intelligence is expected to touch $180 billion, and facial recognition is all set to record an increase in the growth rate of annual revenue by 20% in 2020. 63% of people prefer to communicate to a chatbot, and this shift of preference we can confirm from various available research statistics. The past few years have also shown an increasing demand for AI talent, which is clear evidence of the expected growth for artificial intelligence in the coming years.
More To Explore
Industry report Overview of Facebook live Statistics, Usage And Facts
Industry report Overview of Web Hosting Statistics, Market share And